PDA

View Full Version : Stag and Drag

abauer62709
02-26-2008, 02:23 PM
So me and my fiance have decided to have a stag and drag but I want to make sure there is ALWAYS something to do! I dont ever want anyone to be bored but I also want to make some a decent amount of money from it! I need some sugestions for games/raffles/and other way to make some money! I cant wait! Its a ways away but I am definitly alreayd starting to plan:) ! So please help me out ladies!!!

SoonToBeWed
02-27-2008, 04:52 PM
One idea:

You could do a contest. Who Knows The Bride And Groom Best. Come up with a list of about 20 questions (or less) that you two have come up with and know the answers to. Each of your guest fills it out, and maybe has to pay $1 to play. Or for each answer they get wrong they have to pay you a $1 (or whatever amount you want).

nurselsteele
08-02-2008, 09:56 PM
We are planning our stag & drag and some friends of ours that attend alot of stags have given us ideas, chinese auctions, Baskets of cheer raffles, tip boards, door prizes, etc! :)
We contacted local resturants to donate gift cards for the chinese auction, friends talked to friends to get the hall donated , we have friends that play in a band & several that are Dj's so we have that end covered as well, we have overwhelming volunteers from people that can't come to the wedding due to the location (St. Thomas U.S.V.I).
I think its a great way to get more people involved in the wedding/reception/activities, my bridesmaids & groomsmen are all joining in to help out w/ the stag & drag!
Its about having fun w/ friends & family while taking games of chance & auctions for everyone to enjoy! I say good for all that have the time & energy to plan a stag & drag, its not costly & its alot of fun! :D

SoonToBeWed
08-03-2008, 07:20 AM
We are planning our stag & drag and some friends of ours that attend alot of stags have given us ideas, chinese auctions, Baskets of cheer raffles, tip boards, door prizes, etc! :)
We contacted local resturants to donate gift cards for the chinese auction, friends talked to friends to get the hall donated , we have friends that play in a band & several that are Dj's so we have that end covered as well, we have overwhelming volunteers from people that can't come to the wedding due to the location (St. Thomas U.S.V.I).
I think its a great way to get more people involved in the wedding/reception/activities, my bridesmaids & groomsmen are all joining in to help out w/ the stag & drag!
Its about having fun w/ friends & family while taking games of chance & auctions for everyone to enjoy! I say good for all that have the time & energy to plan a stag & drag, its not costly & its alot of fun! :D

Great job. I think that is great that your wedding party got involved. Congrats on all the help and getting everything covered.

lovecat4984
08-03-2008, 07:36 AM
You know what game would be fun and highly entertaining,

we all know the classic Toilet Paper Wedding Dress game... we have the men do it!! Have them all join in groups. I think it would be quite entertaining to see them dress one another.

littlecountrychick
08-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Our Stag and Doe was pretty successful - a good turn out and everyone had fun!

We did:
Guess the serial number on a $50 (or $100) dollar bill
-you cover it up and make a bristol board with squares with a whole bunch of serial #s written in it - ppl pay a toonie to sign their name in a square and whoever put theirs in the right box wins the $

Find the Joker
-same idea....have a deck of cards face down on a bristol board taped - ppl paid $2 to sign the back of a card - winner won a case of beer

Guess the Canadian Tire Money
- we had a jug full of money - closest guess wins it (you can use Jelly beans or something else thought with a different type of prize if you're not Canadian lol)

Mini Putt Tournament
-self explanatory lol

Toonie Toss - (Toonies are $2 Canadian Coins FYI)
-we used a case of beer and ppl toss toonies at it - we taped off a small box in front of the case - top 5 ppl closest (or in) the box got their toonie back and played in the play off lol....this game made a killlling - so if you can play several times, do it!

Treasure Chest
- got a styrofoam cooler for $2 from walmart, filled it with crown royal, chocolates, mardi gras beads, other crap too...tied a chain to it with a lock - had a bunch of keys in a pillowcase - ppl paid $1 a key and tried it in the lock - winning key gets the prize! (make sure you have loads of keys, otherwise someone will win too soon lol)

Raffles
-we had 10 tickets for $5 and the tickets all had the same # written on them (we stapled them together) - had a whole table full of prizes ppl donated and ppl put their tix in whatever cup they wanted to win the prize. we announced these late at night

50/50
- duh....

Door Prizes
-we had a $100 door prize to ppl who did not even have to show up...just bought a ticket - we recorded their ticket # and drew for that at the end of the night

We had other door prizes (hats, tshirts etc) we had draws for every 1/2 hr or so....

Pie in the Face
- I am sure you know this one - whoever raises more money gets to pie the other person lol (bride vs groom)

Phew...think that is everything we did!!
Oh...Jello Shooters too - $1 each or 6 for $5 or a plate for $20 or whatever you wanna do - a big hit

We did not use a DJ - we did it ourselves with speakers and the computer - we premade a playlist but also took requests lol

we also had veggies plates, fruit, baked goods, chips, etc - we were going to also order pizzas (if you go that route ask wherever you are getting them from to donate a gc - most places will) but we had so much food we did not end up needing pizza

wow, this was long - i hope it helps though lol let me know if you have n e other questions!

have fun planning it - it is all in the ticket sales - cover your costs with that so everything u make the night of is profit!

I know these types of "wedding fundraisers" are not common in certain areas and then in other areas they are an expected pre-wedding party. In Southern Ontario, they are quite common, and usually organized by the bridal party. It is all up to the couple what they feel comfortable with. My opinion is, at the end of the day, if people in your area won't come because it is thought of as tacky (which I get if it is a new idea) then why bother having it? I did not even want to have one but our friends basically demanded it lol so it happened. To me it equaled needless stress, but to each their own - hope the info helps though!
take care!!