Wedding Announcer Forums

Wedding Announcer Forums (http://www.weddingannouncer.com/forum/index.php)
-   August (http://www.weddingannouncer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Melanie and Trevor's wedding journal comments (http://www.weddingannouncer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20439)

melanieandtrevor 01-29-2009 12:37 AM

Melanie and Trevor's wedding journal comments

Feel free to comment on our journal here

Sweetpea0104 02-22-2009 08:15 PM

That cake is really cute! Have fun making it.

Brat20 02-23-2009 12:44 AM

Of course you know I LOVE that cake! ;) Doing a fake cake ontop of a single layer to be cut by the bride and groom and having a sheet cake for everyone to eat is becoming quite common! I know a few ladies around here have done it.

melanieandtrevor 02-23-2009 01:16 AM

the cake that the caterer is providing is strawberry shortcake and then because small town and we know him, he said he'd actually do a bit of two desserts so we get the death by chocolate dessert too. He has the desserts laid out the same time usually as the food, which is fine cause its all behind a wall from where everyone is sitting. I'm thinking I'll do a real bottom layer we can cut into and then the left over cake from there I will take to the hospital where I work for my residents there, they all ask how the wedding plans are coming and i'll be going over the morning of the wedding to visit them so its like including them too...

ShaynaRae 02-23-2009 03:42 AM

I love that cake!!!!!!!!!! It's sooo cute!!!!!

bsarahd 02-24-2009 02:03 AM

Wow you are already sending out invites? Man we haven't even designed ours yet and our date is June 20th! Hmmm....

It's good that you were able to get stamps before the price hike :)

littlecountrychick 02-24-2009 02:08 AM

take pics of your test centre pieces for us to see!!!! :D

melanieandtrevor 02-24-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsarahd
Wow you are already sending out invites? Man we haven't even designed ours yet and our date is June 20th! Hmmm....

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsarahd

It's good that you were able to get stamps before the price hike :)

We couldnt afford to send out save the dates so we decided word of mouth was alright for the STD and we would mail invites out early. We were actually trying to have them mailed by the middle of January but they took so long to make.
As for the stamp hike I didnt get them before hand, ours went up in January, I do believe they go up every year by 2 cents in Jan, and I only needed two stamps for the states so even with the price hike there it wouldnt have made all that much of a difference.

melanieandtrevor 02-24-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlecountrychick
take pics of your test centre pieces for us to see!!!! :D

I took pictures, now I'm just trying to get them smaller so the site accepts them, it says they're to big

littlecountrychick 02-24-2009 06:06 PM

awesome - can't wait!