Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2008 Weddings > October
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysonspencer
Time to revive the October brides!

We are October 11, 2008.

We've booked the venue
Booked the DJ
Booked the Photographer
Booked the Florist
Booked the Cake Caterer
ORDERED MY DRESS!!!! (it ships January 25th)

I am SOOOOO excited!

We have about the same thing booked!!! But not my dress...so does it take about 2 months to arrive? Don't you have to send it the alterations for the busstle? Or does it come already done?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Mrs. Spencer!!

Send a message via AIM to brysonspencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffandant
We have about the same thing booked!!! But not my dress...so does it take about 2 months to arrive? Don't you have to send it the alterations for the busstle? Or does it come already done?

Actually...here was my thought process on the dress. I worked backwards...

My wedding is October 11...so, I need my bridal pictures DONE and back to me by September, so I can pick one, and have it blown up and framed for the reception.

Well, its WAYYY to hot to take Bridal pictures in Texas in June, July, August or September. My bridals are going to be taken outside, so doing them in those months is out of the question.

So after talking with my photographer, he said...we need to do your bridals in Early May. So..

In order to take my bridals in early May, my dress needs to be altered at the beginning of April, because sometimes your alterations can take 4 weeks.

Dresses take about 4 months to come in, on the average. So if you work backwards from April, which was when I needed my dress to be here...that meant I had to order my dress no later than December 1st

Luckily..I stumbled upon this one in October, and it was ordered in October!

So, to make a long story longer...just plan on your dress taking 4 months to get here, if it has to be ordered. Then keep in mind, it will still need alterations, and those can take up to another month to be completed

Old 12-17-2007, 12:18 AM

Another October bride! We're getting married on Halloween. We've picked our spot (but haven't actually booked yet), got our rings, our florist. I've picked my dress but haven't ordered it yet. I've got my photographer and my videographer. We really haven't gotten much done, now that I think about it. :-P
Old 01-14-2008, 05:06 AM

I'm new to the site and another October bride. We got engaged last September and decided on October 25th 2008 as a date because it's a long weekend over here in New Zealand and it gives the family an extra day off. Dress is brought and hanging up at my mums, flowers are fake and brought already, have venue , celebrant, photos, transport, food, kilts for the guys all booked
Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM

Wow - you're much further along than I am. I hope to have everything booked by the end of the month, though.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:05 PM
In da Cult! What What!!

Send a message via AIM to allisonw1400 Send a message via Yahoo to allisonw1400
I'm getting married on Oct 4th too!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Hey girls! My date is Oct. 11, 2008.
I have booked a great place for both the ceremony and reception...they provide all the food, so I don't have to go crazy over that.
I have my dress on order and will be looking for bridesmaids dresses & my veil March 1.
Also, need to set up photographer appts...I am leaving that to my fiance!
I have been obsessing over color scheme (that's the interior designer in me)...right now, I think it will be pale teal and red (to red-orange). I made a custom monogram, so check it out on the wedsite!
Good luck to all!
Old 02-23-2008, 04:54 AM

Wink another oct 11th wedding.

11 has been my favorite number all my life. ben's birthday is 5.11 and our wedding is 10.11.08! october is a beautiful month. we are half way there. church, hotel reception, photographer, videographer, dj, dress, and invitations soon
Old 02-29-2008, 04:21 AM

Very cool...I have got to get on the ball with the photographer & DJ. It's a little hectic right now because my fiance is waiting to hear back from law schools and we might be planning a move too! Eek!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannaben08
11 has been my favorite number all my life. ben's birthday is 5.11 and our wedding is 10.11.08! october is a beautiful month. we are half way there. church, hotel reception, photographer, videographer, dj, dress, and invitations soon

i just finalized the bridesmaids' dresses and we went through our precana class. oh and the cake!