Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2009 Weddings > July
User Name
Password


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #701  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Brat20's Avatar
Brat20 Brat20 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 7,951
We only had one flavor also and I was fine with that.
__________________

  #702  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
ShaynaRae ShaynaRae is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,454
I'm only having one flavor in my cake and then the groomsmen cake will be a different one...
  #703  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Brat20's Avatar
Brat20 Brat20 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 7,951
I wasn't overly thrilled with my cake, but my mindset was.... If that is the only thing that goes wrong on my wedding day, then everything is A OK! lol The inportant thing is that your family and friends are there to share that day with you and that you become husband and wife. The rest is visual and really mean nothing but helping to make the day "pretty". Hope all goes well.
__________________

  #704  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Sweetpea0104's Avatar
Sweetpea0104 Sweetpea0104 is offline
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The South!
Posts: 5,308
Thanks Donna!

Shanyna, I know right?! I really hope my dream doesn't come true. I'm sure your cake will be fine especially since your friend used the same cake person.

Sarah, call your lady & just make sure. You can never be too careful.

Magda, you're probably right - no one will notice. Lol. I do know that my entire family LOVES almond cake so they'll be extremely happy with it. Heh. We tried the amaretto & it was so yummy. It was really hard to pick which fillings we wanted but we ended up going with our 2 favorites.

Amy, I posted in your LJ about your cakes. Geezum they look so good. Making me super hungry over here. For the past 2 weeks, Zaz & I have been obsessed about chocolate covered strawberries. We crave them all the time. My mom bought some for the shower & all were gone except for one by the time I got to the line to get my food. I ate quickly & then it was time to open presents so I didn't get to eat it. In the end, I gave it to Zaz b/c I knew how much he'd love it.

Yall are making me feel much better about only having one flavor. Thanks gals. Yeah, Sara, you do have a good point. I guess it's just one of those things where you want everything to be PERFECT b/c it's one of the biggest days of your life. I just don't want too many things going wrong. Lol. I'm soooooo ready to be a wifey!
  #705  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 AM
bsarahd's Avatar
bsarahd bsarahd is offline
For better or for worse
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 2,796
LOL that's funny the pictures were there and he didn't make the connection. He'll still be surprised though

I thought about decorating with fresh flowers but decided that with all the DIY and stuff we are doing ourselves, I don't want to worry about keeping fresh flowers alive and all until the cake lady comes. I don't have a florist so that's out. I'll probably just buy some silks. Are you going to get the flower stem tube thingies they use to cover the stems when they are stuck in the cake?
__________________
  #706  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Brat20's Avatar
Brat20 Brat20 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 7,951
haha, Glad he didn't ruin the suprise!!

Def get the grooms cake in what YOU like! lol We had WAY too much cake. We ended up taking about half of our wedding cake home and the whole grooms cake. It was never even cut into. lol
__________________

  #707  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:57 AM
ShaynaRae ShaynaRae is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,454
Ya know.. not only are you my wedding date twin but we have a lot of the same tastes! lol I too am using flowers on my cake! I think it will be REALLY pretty! Just don't go over board! lol that is what they keep saying to me anyways!! hahaha

I can't believe he didn't put those two things together! I'm sure he will really like it!! Much more than the LSU because he won't be expecting it!!

Augh!! I can't wait to see all the pictures once it's done!!
  #708  
Old 04-24-2009, 12:29 PM
clorigroh clorigroh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,420
We had silk flowers on our cake, mostly because that's what we were using for everything. They told us if we were using real to just have the florist drop them off, but this was way easier.

Glad he doesn't know what kind of cake he's getting. Can't wait to see the pics.

I want dress fitting pics too!
  #709  
Old 04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Sweetpea0104's Avatar
Sweetpea0104 Sweetpea0104 is offline
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The South!
Posts: 5,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarahd
LOL that's funny the pictures were there and he didn't make the connection. He'll still be surprised though

I thought about decorating with fresh flowers but decided that with all the DIY and stuff we are doing ourselves, I don't want to worry about keeping fresh flowers alive and all until the cake lady comes. I don't have a florist so that's out. I'll probably just buy some silks. Are you going to get the flower stem tube thingies they use to cover the stems when they are stuck in the cake?

Well, the pics of his truck weren't on top. I had a pic of a BMW cake (which is where I got the inspiration from) on top of his truck pics & then on top of that one, was the receipt from our wedding cake. The receipt is probably about half of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper so you could kind of see a little part of the BMW pic.

Yeah, in your situation, I prob wouldn't get real flowers either. But since I have a florist & they have to go set up at the venue anyways, I'm just going to let her do the cake flowers too. It'll give me one less thing to worry about. Heh.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat20
haha, Glad he didn't ruin the suprise!!

Def get the grooms cake in what YOU like! lol We had WAY too much cake. We ended up taking about half of our wedding cake home and the whole grooms cake. It was never even cut into. lol

I think I want chocolate b/c I loooooooooooove chocolate so if there's tons left over, at least I know I'll eat it. Lol. Plus all my little cousins love chocolate so they can take more home too.

I'm pretty sure we're going to have alot of cake left over. Our guest list is about 120 people but the cake that comes with our venue package is for 195 people. So yeah, I'll be eating cake for weeks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaynaRae
Ya know.. not only are you my wedding date twin but we have a lot of the same tastes! lol I too am using flowers on my cake! I think it will be REALLY pretty! Just don't go over board! lol that is what they keep saying to me anyways!! hahaha

I can't believe he didn't put those two things together! I'm sure he will really like it!! Much more than the LSU because he won't be expecting it!!

Augh!! I can't wait to see all the pictures once it's done!!

Lol we do have alot of common elements in our wedding. That's really cool. I don't plan on going over board. Many one here & there. We'll see what my cake lady says.

When he said, "Oh I bet it's an LSU cake", I just laughed & laughed (which is usually when I do when he guesses right) so I think that's why he's convinced it's an LSU one. Lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by clorigroh
We had silk flowers on our cake, mostly because that's what we were using for everything. They told us if we were using real to just have the florist drop them off, but this was way easier.

Glad he doesn't know what kind of cake he's getting. Can't wait to see the pics.

I want dress fitting pics too!

So I totally forgot the camera the other night for our appt; therefore, no dress fitting pics. But I WILL take pics when I go pick it up in June.
  #710  
Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
anschuier anschuier is offline
~*DINKS FTW*~
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,864
Okay, so I definitely just thought I was locked out of my account.. Until I realized I couldn't post in your wedding journal. Let me just put on my (dunce) cap. Anwyay, we ended up doing a night at a B & B for his parents, and we bought a parent's album for my parents. Both were around the same amount. Other ideas? Gift card to a favorite restaurant? Flowers? A hand written note? Nice photo frame?
__________________
It's been fun, b!tches!
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.0 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Contact Us - Wedding Announcer - Archive - Top