Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2009 Weddings > July
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:19 PM

We only had one flavor also and I was fine with that.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:47 PM

I'm only having one flavor in my cake and then the groomsmen cake will be a different one...
Old 04-15-2009, 04:52 PM

I wasn't overly thrilled with my cake, but my mindset was.... If that is the only thing that goes wrong on my wedding day, then everything is A OK! lol The inportant thing is that your family and friends are there to share that day with you and that you become husband and wife. The rest is visual and really mean nothing but helping to make the day "pretty". Hope all goes well.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!

Thanks Donna!

Shanyna, I know right?! I really hope my dream doesn't come true. I'm sure your cake will be fine especially since your friend used the same cake person.

Sarah, call your lady & just make sure. You can never be too careful.

Magda, you're probably right - no one will notice. Lol. I do know that my entire family LOVES almond cake so they'll be extremely happy with it. Heh. We tried the amaretto & it was so yummy. It was really hard to pick which fillings we wanted but we ended up going with our 2 favorites.

Amy, I posted in your LJ about your cakes. Geezum they look so good. Making me super hungry over here. For the past 2 weeks, Zaz & I have been obsessed about chocolate covered strawberries. We crave them all the time. My mom bought some for the shower & all were gone except for one by the time I got to the line to get my food. I ate quickly & then it was time to open presents so I didn't get to eat it. In the end, I gave it to Zaz b/c I knew how much he'd love it.

Yall are making me feel much better about only having one flavor. Thanks gals. Yeah, Sara, you do have a good point. I guess it's just one of those things where you want everything to be PERFECT b/c it's one of the biggest days of your life. I just don't want too many things going wrong. Lol. I'm soooooo ready to be a wifey!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 AM
For better or for worse

LOL that's funny the pictures were there and he didn't make the connection. He'll still be surprised though

I thought about decorating with fresh flowers but decided that with all the DIY and stuff we are doing ourselves, I don't want to worry about keeping fresh flowers alive and all until the cake lady comes. I don't have a florist so that's out. I'll probably just buy some silks. Are you going to get the flower stem tube thingies they use to cover the stems when they are stuck in the cake?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:56 AM

haha, Glad he didn't ruin the suprise!!

Def get the grooms cake in what YOU like! lol We had WAY too much cake. We ended up taking about half of our wedding cake home and the whole grooms cake. It was never even cut into. lol

Old 04-24-2009, 02:57 AM

Ya know.. not only are you my wedding date twin but we have a lot of the same tastes! lol I too am using flowers on my cake! I think it will be REALLY pretty! Just don't go over board! lol that is what they keep saying to me anyways!! hahaha

I can't believe he didn't put those two things together! I'm sure he will really like it!! Much more than the LSU because he won't be expecting it!!

Augh!! I can't wait to see all the pictures once it's done!!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:29 PM

We had silk flowers on our cake, mostly because that's what we were using for everything. They told us if we were using real to just have the florist drop them off, but this was way easier.

Glad he doesn't know what kind of cake he's getting. Can't wait to see the pics.

I want dress fitting pics too!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarahd
LOL that's funny the pictures were there and he didn't make the connection. He'll still be surprised though

I thought about decorating with fresh flowers but decided that with all the DIY and stuff we are doing ourselves, I don't want to worry about keeping fresh flowers alive and all until the cake lady comes. I don't have a florist so that's out. I'll probably just buy some silks. Are you going to get the flower stem tube thingies they use to cover the stems when they are stuck in the cake?

Well, the pics of his truck weren't on top. I had a pic of a BMW cake (which is where I got the inspiration from) on top of his truck pics & then on top of that one, was the receipt from our wedding cake. The receipt is probably about half of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper so you could kind of see a little part of the BMW pic.

Yeah, in your situation, I prob wouldn't get real flowers either. But since I have a florist & they have to go set up at the venue anyways, I'm just going to let her do the cake flowers too. It'll give me one less thing to worry about. Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat20
haha, Glad he didn't ruin the suprise!!

Def get the grooms cake in what YOU like! lol We had WAY too much cake. We ended up taking about half of our wedding cake home and the whole grooms cake. It was never even cut into. lol

I think I want chocolate b/c I loooooooooooove chocolate so if there's tons left over, at least I know I'll eat it. Lol. Plus all my little cousins love chocolate so they can take more home too.

I'm pretty sure we're going to have alot of cake left over. Our guest list is about 120 people but the cake that comes with our venue package is for 195 people. So yeah, I'll be eating cake for weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaynaRae
Ya know.. not only are you my wedding date twin but we have a lot of the same tastes! lol I too am using flowers on my cake! I think it will be REALLY pretty! Just don't go over board! lol that is what they keep saying to me anyways!! hahaha

I can't believe he didn't put those two things together! I'm sure he will really like it!! Much more than the LSU because he won't be expecting it!!

Augh!! I can't wait to see all the pictures once it's done!!

Lol we do have alot of common elements in our wedding. That's really cool. I don't plan on going over board. Many one here & there. We'll see what my cake lady says.

When he said, "Oh I bet it's an LSU cake", I just laughed & laughed (which is usually when I do when he guesses right) so I think that's why he's convinced it's an LSU one. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clorigroh
We had silk flowers on our cake, mostly because that's what we were using for everything. They told us if we were using real to just have the florist drop them off, but this was way easier.

Glad he doesn't know what kind of cake he's getting. Can't wait to see the pics.

I want dress fitting pics too!

So I totally forgot the camera the other night for our appt; therefore, no dress fitting pics. But I WILL take pics when I go pick it up in June.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
~*DINKS FTW*~

Okay, so I definitely just thought I was locked out of my account.. Until I realized I couldn't post in your wedding journal. Let me just put on my (dunce) cap. Anwyay, we ended up doing a night at a B & B for his parents, and we bought a parent's album for my parents. Both were around the same amount. Other ideas? Gift card to a favorite restaurant? Flowers? A hand written note? Nice photo frame?