Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2009 Weddings > July
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!

Thank you all for the kind words!

I'm seriously on cloud 9 & have been the past few days. Lol. It's just been an incredible, fun, amazing few days and I know this week will only get better.

I keep telling Zaz that it's SO surreal that it's actually almost here. Today was also our 5 & 1/2 year anniversary plus 1 week until our wedding so we celebrated. We went to the movies, to eat, and then shopping for us & our house. We kept talking about what we think married life will be like and the journey we've been on these past few years. I seriously love him more every day.

I've also had family members & friends calling me this weekend to talk about how it's only a week away & reminisce (sp?). Very sweet. And I've spent the past 3 hours cleaning out my bedroom. It actually made me a little sad b/c I kept thinking about all the memories that this room holds. Zaz reminded me that we'll have many new memories in our new house, which is true. It was just weird cleaning out my childhood room. Bittersweet.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 AM

I remember that feeling. I was carrying stuff to my car from my childhood bedroom and I lost it. I sat on the floor in the hall and started crying and Caesar came over to see what was wrong. Then I thought about how much I would miss Caesar not seeing him everyday. It was very bittersweet. It gets better though. Don't tell my mom that I come over as much as I do to just to see my dog though lol.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:04 PM

Aww that's a cute story. Sweet Caesar. Heh. And your secret is safe with me.

My dad keeps telling me that I don't have to leave b/c he wants me to stay. I keep telling him that it's time for me to go but he's all sad. I didn't think he'd care as much but apparently he does.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:10 PM
My Lil' Princess

OMG Leslie 5 MORE DAYS !!!! I sooo cant wait to see the pics of your day !!! Just seen your hair & makeup pics,,, all I can say is.... beautiful !!!

Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
For better or for worse

Only a few more days. It wasn't too long ago we had our 1 year countdown going! I can't wait to see how your wedding turns out. I know it will be beautiful!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:13 PM

Thank you so much, Karen. I keep thinking about Saturday and hoping that I take it all in & not stress over crazy things. I haven't really stressed much anyways throughout all the planning, so hopefully I won't start that day.

Nic, thanks for the compliment!

Sarah, how weird that it seemed like just yesterday we were so excited to say "1 year away!"

As excited I am, a little part of me is ready for it to be here & over with. I just want to be married. And I want to have to stop thinking about what time each vendor will be at the venue to set up, and what time people have to be here or there, and who is going to do what. Anyone feel like that as their wedding approached?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:14 PM

YES!!! Oh my, I am packing and I just found my wedding binder with all my stuff in it. I am currently shredding it. I don't miss that part. Being married is awesome, especially compared to wedding planning!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Hahaha. Funny you say that b/c yesterday when I was packing up my room, I started looking through my wedding binder & started shredding stuff from it (obviously not the things I'll need) but it was a great feeling. I can't wait to throw it away. Lol.

Oh & I should mention that my mother cried as I finished packing up my room. Of course, it made me cry to see her cry.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM

Don't worry it gets better. It's bittersweet for them too. Of course they want you to be happy, but you are still their little girl and it's hard to say goodbye. I kept telling my mom that I was just moving 5 minutes away, but she was still sad that I wouldn't be there everyday.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:18 PM

I think it really bothers them that I've moved 45 minutes away. My dad still hasn't been to see our house. They act like we live on the other side of the world. Lol
Closed Thread