Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > After & Around The Wedding > Your Health
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:24 AM

Acne Cures

I have never had acne before but for the last few months (i'm sure due to stress) my skin has completely broke out. Right now i have 3 large pimples on my forehead and my chin has a very sore and very red due to a blind pimple.
My wedding is in 3 weeks and i don't know what to do to cure these red bump. I am using tea tree oil, apricot oil and benzoyl peroxide gel. Soes anyone know anything that might actually work??
Old 04-28-2009, 01:16 AM

What works best for me and my roommate (I don't actually have acne but she does and it really cleared up her skin and keeps mine clear even during that "special" time of the month) is the 3 step acne cleaner from Avon. It's a scrub, a pad and the moisturizer. But you can just buy the wash/scrub which is what I do. Hope you see results with whatever you do!!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:41 AM
loving the married life

I'm sorry to hear about this. I know how stressful it can be coming down to the last few weeks before your wedding. Having to worry about your completion as well would be very frustrating and upsetting I'm sure. Regardless, I am sure you will make a gorgeous bride and your groom will see you as the most beautiful woman in the world on your special day.

Unfortunately with only 3 weeks left you're running out of time. A new skin care regime takes at least 30 days to take effect. Benzoyl Peroxide gels work well as spot treatment but if you put it all over your entire face it make just make your face dry which could lead to excessive oil production and thus more pimples.

I swear by the dermalogica brand. If you go to www.dermalogica.com, you can locate a salon/spa near you that sells these products. They are pricey, but they last a very long time and I swear they are worth every cent. The salon/spa will "type" your skin and suggest a toner, wash and moisturizer that is right for you. Dermalogica offers trial size packs as well that last about 30 days so you can get a feel for what the products are like before you splurge on a bigger size. I used to get the odd big zit every once and awhile and since using this line I have not had an issue since. Reduced pore size, improved skin texture, flawless skin... I always get compliments and I never wear foundation.

When you get to a point where your skin is less irritated I would also recommend purchasing an exfoliant and using it every 3 days or so. Don't use it when your skin is red, it will only make it worse but when your skin is better, this makes your face feel smooth like a baby's bum. Make sure you get an exfoliant that is very fine, not chunky. The chunkier ones cannot be used every day and will just irritate your face if you use them that often. I use a green one by biore and I also have a bunch of samples of the dermalogica skin prep scrub because I'm such a junkie, they give me a lot of stuff.

Some people also swear by proactive. I cannot make any comment to it but I will say that the igredients in it do scare me a bit. It sounds like it is very drying to the skin and dry skin = wrinkles...eeeek! You would have to give it a shot yourself, like I said, some people love it.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:27 AM

Hello
I want to share very simple treatment and precaution for acne.You need to stay cautious with cystic acne's, as the infection can spread to other parts of the body. Never squeeze the pus in the acne, as it can form red patch or permanent scar. If too much of pressure is applied on the acne, there are chances of bleeding that can infect other parts of the body. Thus, avoid touching the infected area.

Wash your face several times to keep the dirt and puss away from your skin. Use medicated soaps instead of beauty and moisturizer soaps. Increase the intake of vegetables and sprouts in your diet.

Treatments for cystic acne:

Many lotions and creams are available in that reduce the occurrence of acne to great extent. Reduce consumption of alcohol and carbonated drinks. Avoid oily and greasy foodstuffs, as this will reduce the oil content in the body and the onset of acne.Next,drinking plenty of water and adequate amount of sleep are very beneficial for controlling acne. Finally, consult a dermatologist if the problem is serious to avoid further complications.