Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Geographic Groups > International > New Zealand
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:07 AM

Smile Another Kiwi on board

We may be down under but we have a beautiful country in summer or winter. Bay of Islands, Queenstown, Mt Ruapehu, Rotorua are a few of the attractions, not to mention the many different surrounding islands. Come when you like theres something for you no matter what the season!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 AM

I agree, I am from NZ too and in 1998 I went to live in NY (Long Is) for 14 months and as much as I loved it there I love home more. Depending on what your interests are will depend on where you'll want to go and what you'll want to do. As for wedding destinations, NZ is ideal anytime of the year. Having been to many weddings, with various themes, I feel justified in saying that my wedding will be in Fiji in the middle of our winter. It is going to be a great break for us and guests and it will be great to catch up with everyone in another location.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:06 AM

Thumbs up Home

Getting married aboard sounds lovely, but I realised I wanted my family and friends to be able to come. So we are getting married in New Zealand (home).
Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marglady
Getting married aboard sounds lovely, but I realised I wanted my family and friends to be able to come. So we are getting married in New Zealand (home).

It would be great to get married at home but I have a huge family and will more than likely upset people somewhere along the line by doing this. If we did get married here, it would be without a doubt, on the Wairarapa coast where we often go during the summer. We are instead having immediate family, mums, dads, siblings, nieces, nephews and our very closest friends (10 in total) coming to our wedding in Fiji and they all have ample time to save. There are approx 45 guests coming to Fiji with us and we are paying for our parents to flights also. Most of our families (mostly mine) have never been abroad before so it will be a great experience for them.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:50 AM

I'm a kiwi in Christchurch, originally from Taranaki. My fiancee is from UK and lived in the Far North till we met... coiincidentally I was in the Far North too about an hour away... hehehe thanks to NZDating.com we met when he visited his kids - he moved down and then on our 1yr anniversary he proposed. We are marrying in Christchurch - 1 venue (nice n simple)
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Alana Nikole Barker

Welcome..........! Happy planning!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:55 AM

Hi! Not sure if anyone is still on here but I'm from Melbourne, Australia and getting married in Christchurch in September.
Kat
Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 AM

Hi im from NZ also... New to this site, the planner is great and not too mention the wesite... Im getting married on 17th Jan 09...
Please too meet you all
Old 01-11-2010, 11:53 PM

I'm from NZ, too!!!!!!! =) Palmy.
Closed Thread