Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > After & Around The Wedding > Your Health
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Cutie on the beach

Not really sure what's going on.. (possible TMI)

(I just wanted to throw a disclaimer in the title of my thread for those of you who don't care to read about TMI )

For the most part my periods have always normal, before I got pregnant I was on birth control for a number of years and they were always the exact same, landed on the 4th Wednesday of each month, the same length, it was literally like clockwork every single month. Well I stopped taking BC in April of '07 then got pregnant the following October. I went back on BC September '08 after Cailin was born in June, and then stopped taking it again a few months later. Ever since I stopped taking it that second time my periods have been VERY wacky. I now get a period probably every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and I have a number of days where I spot brown, then red, then sometimes it will just be real light spotting then it's done. Then the next month I will have the period from h#ll with cramps that come out of nowhere and last for 10 minutes then go away. Then the next month will be complete opposite. It's just so weird. This month was esp. weird, I had 4 days of brown/red bleeding, then it stopped, then started again very heavily and has not stopped now for about a week. So I've had a period for almost 2 weeks now.

I don't want to go back on birth control, even though it made me super regular.. I have my own reasons for not wanting to.

I don't know what's going on. I'm afraid that something has gone wrong/different with my body and it will make things challenging for us in the future if/when we decide to have another baby. I know seeing my doctor would be the best thing to do, and I plan on doing so, I guess I'm just really more curious as to why this might be happening more than anything.

Last edited by Denisa : 02-14-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Closed Thread