Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2007 Weddings > September
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 AM

photographers at wedding reception?

hi i'm getting married in Cyprus and were having a reception on a cruise (which i'm really looking forward to and hope to get plenty photos to keep as memories) i've been offered my wedding photographer to come on board to take extra photos for 90 but i wont get any more than the package i already have it will just mean i have more to choose my 36 out of.

i only have 4 weeks to decide if i want 1 but i cant decide.

the advantages of having 1 are: i really would hate to think we forgot to take any because all 10 guests were enjoying it too much then we have no photos.

the disadvantages are: means its harder to choose but the main thing is i dont want to feel as if my reception is spent posing for photos and we dont get to really relax with our guests because that would be a shame too if we were dragged off for loads of photos and missed half our own reception

i cant decide i know its a personal choice and most people dont have photographers at their reception but its a sunset cruise and is costing alot more than the wedding it would be a shame if we all forgot to get photos

Michelle xx
Old 08-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Maid of the Mist

Do you have a friend or family member that could take pictures for you?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Alana Nikole Barker

I was in your exact situation. My wedding ceremony was at a beautiful cathedral. The reception was aboard a yacht. I only had my photographer for the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and husband and wife photoshoot times. She was already $1700 for 4 hours, and my husband and I didn't want to dish out another $1700 or more for the 6 hour yacht cruise. But, we did have a videographer do full-coverage of the day...so, I won't have any pro pics of the yacht, but a lot of our guests took really good pics!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Mommy to 2 Princes

Send a message via AIM to maeberha
in my experience, you will get better pictures from the guests than your expensive (and maybe idiotic in my case) photographer

Closed Thread