Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Planning Your Wedding Day > General Planning
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 07:26 AM

Wedding planning not going good. Please help!

Hi all,
I am getting married to my longtime boyfriend, by the end of July. We have been together for more than 5 years now. We have started the wedding planning.
And I must say, it is really not going anywhere. The planning is really stressful. Most my days end with a headache. The only thing that I've figured out is the event venue from Toronto. The venue is wonderful. It is something I've always dreamt of. I have also chosen my bridesmaid (my best friend).

I have many other things to figure out like:
Bridal party theme, dress and accessories.
Book officiant.
Hire photographer, videographer.
Wedding dress (which I kind of have in my mind, what I am looking for).
Mail the invites (yeah, the card is ready).

I don't know if there are any other things I need to take of. Any idea where I should be starting?
Old 05-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Mommies Little Sweet Pea

Send a message via MSN to SoonToBeWed Send a message via Yahoo to SoonToBeWed
To start:

Remember this day is about the two of you.

Don't let anyone else get in your head about your plans.

You don't have to have a theme if you don't want to, I would slim it down instead to just what colors do you want. Then once you figure that out then it might make things easier.

If you have your bridal party instead of you making the decision on dresses/colors have them give you some input on what they would like to wear.

When I got married my #1 rule for the ladies in my wedding was if they were going to spend the money on dresses they had to be able to wear them again. In my personal opinion I thought it was stupid for them to spend money on a dress they were only going to wear once. I found out that one of my bridesmaids was in another wedding after mine and she convinced the bride to be to use the same color so she could wear her dress again, I thought it was a fantastic idea.

If you go with colors it will probably decrease your stress a lot, instead of having to find items to go with a theme instead you can go with colors. Maybe some simple flowers in the color(s) you want.

I know it is your wedding day and you want it unique, special and to be your own but maybe you need to keep it simple, try not to make it so complicated.

Good luck.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:04 AM

I'll get married in 2 years, but it's absolutely normal we started to plan it right now. We don't want to hurry up and we want to get some ideas to make it unforgettable. I'm sure we won't forget it anyway, but it should be really special. We already found an idea for our vows. Consulting the page weddingforward.com/wedding-quotes we found a thought to put some sweet quotes into our vows. To make it like prologue or just use it in the text and maybe create some card for our guests with them. I'm not sure if we really use it (come on, we have 2 years) to change our mind, but we'll definitely will make our wedding perfect.
Closed Thread