Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2006 Weddings > September
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:20 PM
September 2, 2006

Hall Change with 4 Months To Go!!!

What do you guys thing about making a change for my hall, which is also my ceremony location too?? Its a gorgeous place (you can see it on our website)
but I am having nothing but problems with them. They have 2 halls but only one ceremony location, so they booked another wedding, and double booked the ceremony space. I have been booked for over a year now, and this other couple has just booked. So I am paying less per plate then they are. The lady in charge at the hall is very rude, and keeps telling me how they are paying more, so they are getting first dibs at everything, which I dont think is right since I have been booked for so long. We had our food testing last week and she wouldn't ask how it was or anything. We sat there for 45min before we went to talk to her, and she didn't have the time, so I was to e-mail what I wanted for my meal. I dont know if im being to picky, but we are paying alot of money, and its suppose to be a special day, and she is scarring me about what will happen the day of my wedding if this is how she is acting now. Do you guys think im crazy for thinking about changing halls this soon to the wedding?? I have found a place that is available still, but I dont want to change if its just me being too picky? Any help please let me know, i'm going crazy stressing out about this.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:22 PM

If you have a signed contract with the hall that you get the ceremony site, then they are in clear violation of it. It's ridiculous that just because you're paying less (by being smart and booking early) you get bumped off.

But if you're getting bad vibes and are not getting the communication you want from them, then maybe for your peace of mind you should find a new place. Hopefully you won't be out too much deposit money!! Good luck with this.
Closed Thread