Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2009 Weddings > July
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 06:12 AM
For better or for worse

When we got engaged, we planned for a 2009 wedding b/c FH was supposed to graduate in May of 2009. However, about a months ago FH found out that due to the way certain classes are offered in certain semesters, he won't graduate for one more semester. We are still keeping the date though

Taken care of so far:
Flowers (all silks though mine will be real)
Photographer
Venue for ceremony and reception
Guestbook, Flowergirl basket, ring bearer pillow
A few decorations

Planning will really pick up this summer when I'm not in school.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea0104
We wanted to get married on July 4th of 2009 since it lands on a Saturday & it marks our 5 & 1/2 years together. However, since it's a holiday here in the U.S., there would be problems getting people to work at the ceremony/reception hall & with getting vendors so we chose one week later. No biggie.

It's a shame you couldn't have your date, but I'm glad you've found another. Americans in the UK are lucky because it's not about to become vastly overbooked here. I try to take the day off every year, to celebrate our anniversary, but people still say "why are you so obsessed with July 4th?" - I have to re-tell them, and then they think I PLANNED it to fall on that day!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloise1984
It's a shame you couldn't have your date, but I'm glad you've found another. Americans in the UK are lucky because it's not about to become vastly overbooked here. I try to take the day off every year, to celebrate our anniversary, but people still say "why are you so obsessed with July 4th?" - I have to re-tell them, and then they think I PLANNED it to fall on that day!

LOL. You'd think people would remember. That's sweet that you take it off every year.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea0104
LOL. You'd think people would remember. That's sweet that you take it off every year.

LOL, I try to take the day off, but my man's a chef, so he can only take it off if it's a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:34 PM

These days I think it's important to start organising well in advance. Where I live all the good venues are already booked up for Saturdays during the summer for 2009, 2010 and one is even booked up for the summer of 2011! If you want particular things its a good idea to start early!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:05 PM

Our original date for the wedding was October 10, 2008. That date fell through because we were paying for most of the wedding ourselves. I knew we woul'nt have been able to get everything accomplished and paid before then. We then, settled for May 22, 2009. I actually like that date better because it's Memorial Day weekend and I know alot of our guests will be able to come because of the holiday.

I have gotten ALOT of my stuff so far. Like the others, I have a HUGE 3 inch binder full of papers and list, ideas...and junk.

I have so far: red & white rose petals, garland for staircase, candles, ribbon and misc decorations stuff. Most of my favors. I still have to order my personalized bookmarks and napkins. Wedding invitations, programs, rehearsal and bridal shower invites (all DIY) Thank you cards, stamps, envelope seals, bridal shower guestbook, unity candles, guest pen, flower girl baskets and ringbearer pillows. toasting glasses, cake topper, card basket, coloring books, money bag. My dress, tiara, veil, shoes, purse, perfume, jewelry is all taken care of..Lets see what else...and our gifts to the attendants.

I still have quite a bit to do. Order my flowers, pay off videographer, photographer, hotel room, honeymoon..pay off venue..and I think that's it..!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 AM

We are getting married on July 11, 2009 and I am counting down the days!!

Believe it or not... I think I am about done.
Though there are a few things I have not done such as:
1)Guest Book & Pen
2)Unity Candle
3)Ring Pillow
that's all I can think of right now... and those I haven't done because I am having such a problem with finding some! My colors are brown and pink.. my dress is called Gold but it's more of a dark champagne... so I can't find crap to go with it!!
We have booked the photographer, cakelady, flowerladies, reception site (which caters), dj and bought the dress and BM dresses... the lady owns the shop that I got my dress from is custom making the FG dress...
So far, I think I'm doing good. I just can't wait to see it all together!
And I too have a folder and 2 wedding books to keep me on track!!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to melanieandtrevor
we're getting married august 1st of 09 mainly because we didnt want to wait till 2010 especially when we can afford to do it this year. We chose the long weekend because its easy for our families to make it out here.
So far we have the invitations almost ready to go out, just need to print them out and glue them to the cardstock which will be happening next week while I'm working nights. I have the material for the ring pillow and flower girl basket and enough of it to cover the guestbook and I'm making little jewelery boxes out of cigar boxes I found at the dollar store so I'll line the inside with the fabric as well to lay their necklaces on. (hoping they turn out as good as I have them pictured in my mind lol). The church, reception, caterer, DJ, ceremony harpist, pastor and mc are all booked. I'll be going with my bridesmaids on the 19th of this month to look at dresses and to try on different styles for myself. I found the dress I want on an online site so I'm just trying on similar styles to make sure I can pull it off.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!

Shayna, you're my wedding date twin!!! We're pretty much almost done too.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 AM
For better or for worse

Overachievers