Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2009 Weddings > July
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Mrs. Spencer!!

Send a message via AIM to brysonspencer
Shayna,
For our favors (my wedding was in October) we did cookies. We did pumpkin cookies, and put them in clear cellophane bags tied with raffia, and then our address card. You could do the same idea, only use X's and O's cookie cutters. We had a friend who knew how to bake really well so she offered to do the cookies since we were so busy the days leading up to the wedding. I believe she made the cookies on Thurs or Fri. and they were still really good on Sat. Evening.

I had a note in an 8 x 10 frame that said something like (cant remember exactly) Thank you for sharing in our sweet memory, here is a sweet treat to remember us by. Or something like that.

The main reason we went with these kinds of favors is because it was CHEAP. When we had to make 225 favors, we wanted something very inexpensive.

Just an idea...

Old 01-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Journal looks awesome!!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysonspencer
Shayna,
For our favors (my wedding was in October) we did cookies. We did pumpkin cookies, and put them in clear cellophane bags tied with raffia, and then our address card. You could do the same idea, only use X's and O's cookie cutters. We had a friend who knew how to bake really well so she offered to do the cookies since we were so busy the days leading up to the wedding. I believe she made the cookies on Thurs or Fri. and they were still really good on Sat. Evening.

I had a note in an 8 x 10 frame that said something like (cant remember exactly) Thank you for sharing in our sweet memory, here is a sweet treat to remember us by. Or something like that.

The main reason we went with these kinds of favors is because it was CHEAP. When we had to make 225 favors, we wanted something very inexpensive.

Just an idea...

Thanks! I really like that idea!!! And I love saving money even more!!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpashon
Journal looks awesome!!
Thanks.... I figured that since I redid my weddingannouncer page I should do I journal... I'm just not very creative and I'm horrible on cumputers so it's very plain jane! lol but that's okay with me!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:18 PM

Question... what kind of gift did you get your helpers? I was putting together a list for helpers (ya know like the ones passing out the programs or guest book or readings) I don't want to get them the same as my girls but I have no idea what to get them...
Old 01-28-2009, 04:22 PM

I didn't get anything for my readers. We didn't have programs so that didn't apply.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaynaRae
Question... what kind of gift did you get your helpers? I was putting together a list for helpers (ya know like the ones passing out the programs or guest book or readings) I don't want to get them the same as my girls but I have no idea what to get them...

I am getting a basket of goodies together: I am dressing the basket up with lace and stuff and I am going to include: A photo frame, a candle, bathing salts, bottle of wine, a dreamcatcher and a claddaugh ring. I think I will be spening about $30 per person and I have 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsman.

For the boys:

We are still pretty clueless..
Old 01-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Also, where did you get your BM dresses? Their gorgeous!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpashon
Also, where did you get your BM dresses? Their gorgeous!

They are from the Mori Lee collection style 744 and they are like 115! I was very happy with them when I saw it! Granted I haven't seen "my" dresses yet but they did have a teal one at the store. I'm just waiting til they come in to decide on their shoes. With 8 girls... I don't want it looking bad lol
Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 PM

[quote=mpashon]I am getting a basket of goodies together: I am dressing the basket up with lace and stuff and I am going to include: A photo frame, a candle, bathing salts, bottle of wine, a dreamcatcher and a claddaugh ring. I think I will be spening about $30 per person QUOTE]

I am sort of doing the same thing with my girls. I found a store on ebay that personalizes totes in any color so I'm doing each of their favorite colors and then filling it with lil goodies... like Old Navy flip flops (for the reception) and the jewelry that they will need to wear in the wedding and then some other lil stuff that I haven't decided on yet...
Closed Thread