Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Community > Wedding Day Stories
User Name
Password

Old 02-09-2015, 07:28 AM

Got any wedding day horror stories? ?

I got married Ocotber 4th last year and our actual wedding day was perfect. But we had a heck of a time getting to that day and its a miracle it went off with a hitch! LOL! my parents divorce was finalized a week before my wedding, my brother refused to come to my rehersal dinner and theeeeeen after our bachlor/bachlorette, which was the saturday before our wedding, we were on our way home ( Me driving and sober..i dont drink, my now husband, bridesmaid and best man all in the car ) we were hit head on by a drunk driver! We all went to the ER and everyone was ok BUT my husband. His foot was broken in 3 places and he was put in a boot immediantly. My car was totalled, honeymoon canceled and he was off his feet for the coming 6-8 weeks. But all in all the wedding day went great. Hubby had a cane and his boot. We wabbled down the isle and our first dance was more of a first rocking back and forth. What a story huh?! How about you guys, any hitches in the wedding plans?
Update : To Emilie Trista... I had that problem too! Ha! But it worked out. My husbands brother tried to back out tho he wasnt the best man, so I called there mother and told on him, LOL! She fixed that for me, he stayed in the wedding. Man your day rivals mine.

Last edited by SoonToBeWed : 02-09-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:55 AM

ohh, It was so hurt to read your story. But the best part is ending is happy. Every story should has a happy ending.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Mommies Little Sweet Pea

Send a message via MSN to SoonToBeWed Send a message via Yahoo to SoonToBeWed
we had a number of issues during the planning process.

The bigger issues came the last 24 hours before the wedding.

First one of my bridesmaids didn't show up for rehearsal or the rehearsal dinner the night before and still wasn't there in the morning.

Woke up at 6am to my sister calling my hotel room to let me know it was raining (I had an out door wedding planned).

Spent the morning (both my husband and I) trying to get a hold of all the guest to let them know that the wedding was moved to the reception hall.

Frantic call to my mother in law and sister in law. Forgot my check book at home the night before and needed it to pay for the hall the day of the wedding.

Still frantically trying to find out where the hell my bridesmaid was (pissed me off so much because she lived a block from me so no reason for her not to be there). She finally showed up as we were going to get our hair done.

My poor nephew who was my ring bearer was sick as a dog (he was such an angel for the whole day and had every reason to act up).

Fighting with the limo company since we cancelled the limo on the wedding day since we no longer needed since the wedding and reception were being held at the reception hall. (hind sight, one shouldn't have cancelled the outdoor wedding, it was sunny and warm by wedding time, shouldn't have cancelled the limo, should have used it to go take pictures over at the park where we were supposed to get married).

Hall got too hot during the wedding/reception, and no way to change the temp.

Should have hired or gotten someone else to clean up the hall after the reception instead of my husband and I and a couple of friends who stuck around.