Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Geographic Groups > United States > Illinois
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 05:43 AM
sneeking up on me!

Chicagoland Bridal Salons

I received a letter today with info on it with problems with a bunch of bridal salons. here is the link it suggested to check out

http://search.nbc5.com/query.html?la=en&qt=bridal
Old 01-27-2006, 11:31 PM
I <3 my bustle!

Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Talk to HOB lately?
I ask because whenever a HOB gets a bride's address... that bride ends up with a letter in her mail box a few weeks later trashing every other bridal salon around (the letter is anon. of course!). Sure enough, as soon as HOB had my addy, I got one, too.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:48 AM
sneeking up on me!

they have my mom's address b/c they wanted something local. she didn't get it though... and the link was for www.nbc5.com, letter came from carol stream
Old 01-28-2006, 05:00 PM
I <3 my bustle!

Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Carol stream is just a big postal center - a good chunk of my mail comes from carol stream. That sounds like the same letter I got.
There was a big thing on the knot Chicago boards about this. They had several brides give HOB addys in which they (the brides) spelled their name wrong in a specific way and sure enough, the letter showed up with the exact same misspelling. Super shady business practice if you ask me. HOB also buys mailing lists - I know because they have my new addy and I've started getting their telemarketing calls on my land line instead of just my cell

I also got a different letter which i still have NO idea about- this one came in November of '04, 3 months into our engagement and well before I started really thinking of dresses. This, too, came anonymous but it was about a 10 page print out from partypop.com of posts from brides complaining about the Schaumburg and Aurora HOBs. I haven't come across anyone who got that letter, too.. odd.

I spoke on the phone with HOB Glen Ellyn and HOB Schaumburg. Glen Ellyn seemed really nice - the sales woman at Schaumburg was sooo pushy - wouldn't even tell me if they had a sample of the dress i wanted to try on until I gave my addy and phone number and then wouldn't tell me anything beyond that unless I came in and set up an appointment. I drove to Rockford to try on (and buy) my dress lol.

There are 2 Chicago area bridal shops I've had personal experience with and i say AVOID like the plague - Bridesmart, Schaumburg and Bella Bridal in St. Charles. We looked at Bridesmart and first they started playing games about when the BM dresses would come if we ordered them but the big problem.. BUGS! There were BUGS all over that hellhole. The bathroom was a great big fruit fly swarm and the bathroom directly connected to the bridal shop.
We originally ordered our BM dresses at Bella Bridal.. lol that was a horrible, horrible experience.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Teaching 2nd grade!

I got my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses at Payless Bridal in Lombard. They were great and cheap but get your alterations done somewhere else and don't let them talk you into getting a bigger size than you need! Some of my girls were told they needed sizes like 2 times too big.

Jane

Old 02-02-2007, 05:05 AM
I'm married! Woo hoo!

Found my dress at Bridal Boutique of Naperville. If you're looking for a bargain and you don't want to deal with ordering the dress (the shop sells sample gowns), this is one place to check out. And, the shop owner is very friendly.
Closed Thread