Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Geographic Groups > United States > Oregon
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:22 AM

Exclamation Calling all Oregon Brides!!

Okay, so I know there's gotta be some Oregon Brides among the many members on this site. C'mon girls...join me in this new thread so we can talk about our ceremony and reception sites and also exchange suggestions and ideas! I would love to find out when and where you're getting married and any other good stuff you would like to share! I will gladly share some details on my Oregon Wedding...

Me and Eric are getting married on July 22, 2006 in Corvallis, Or. We have not found a church yet but we have booked the Reception at the Corvallis Country Club. This place is amazing! It is only $500 for the whole day!! Of course you have to use them to cater but they have unbelievable prices for the different food options. Since we have the Country Club for the whole day we decided to get married at 1:00pm and have a late afternoon Hors D' Oeuvres reception and an after reception party for anyone who wants to stay, drink and be merry. My FH's family is very conservative and most do not drink but my family is not. I didn't think it would be fair to my side to have a boring reception with no alcohol so we decided to do both. We figured since we have the club the whole day why not take advantage of all the time we get.

This is what is included with the rental of the club:
  1. Complimentary Champagne Toast for the Bride, Groom and all of their guests
  2. Full service bar with bartenders
  3. All waitstaff
  4. Extensive linen options including 21 colors of napkins to choose from
  5. Elegant centerpieces consisting of tile mirrors, votive candles and flowers

The only other thing we would have to pay for is the alcohol and the chair covers ($1.50 each) and the 18% gratuity on the food and beverage portion. We decided that we would have a cash bar for liquor drinks but we would host a couple kegs. For all of this we will be paying no more than $1,800. I opted to bring my own votives and floral centerpieces so of course that will cost me but overall I think we did pretty good.

List of Hor D' Oeuvres that will be served:
  • Fresh fruit tray
  • Vegetable crudite tray
  • Italian antipasto platter
  • Assorted deli meat platter with rolls and condiments
  • Sun-dried tomato bruschetta topped with gorgonzola
  • Cheese and cracker tray
  • Hot artichoke cheese dip and toasted french bread croutons
  • Soft beverages, coffee and tea service
  • Hummus with fresh baked pita bread
All of this food for 100 people only $800!!

Now for booking the ceremony! I will post all the details when I finally get that done!

Dusty & Eric
November 4, 2006
Old 10-24-2005, 10:42 PM

Yay!!! Another Oregon bride!!!

Unfortunately I'm at work and am preparing for a meeting tonight, so I don't have much time to write about my wedding, but now that I know there's another Oregon bride on WA, I'll be back to post more!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:55 AM

Another Oregon Bride!

Hey there! I am another Oregon bride! I am getting married in a tiny town called St. Helens. My FH and I grew up in Hillsboro and just moved to St. Helens a year ago. We love it here. My family grew up here and I work out here and coach the high school dance team. I can't believe I have 4 months to go. It is coming so fast!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:53 PM

Hi and welcome to WA!!! I know St. Helens--that's where my DH used to work. We're on the southern coast now in Bandon, but I grew up in Gresham. I can't wait to get to know you more--start posting!!
Old 05-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Mommies Little Sweet Pea

Send a message via MSN to SoonToBeWed Send a message via Yahoo to SoonToBeWed
Hey just curious has anyone in Oregon checked out the Roloff Farms (TLC - Little People - Big World). They rent out their property for functions. Looks like kids would have blast there. Just a thought for anyone that may be looking for something different.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:59 PM

I haven't heard of it before, but thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to check into it.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Alana Nikole Barker

Smile Tualatin, OR & Hillsboro, OR

My "real" wedding is to be in Vancouver, BC Canada but my FH Chad and I are having a 2nd reception in Hillsboro, OR 2 weeks after the wedding on his parent's property. Their view is of Mt. St. Helens!

Cool!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:58 PM

Talking Southern Oregon Bride

Hey Girls - Nice to hear that there are brides from Oregon. I grew up in a small town in Southern Oregon called Glendale. We are having our wedding at the Applegate Lodge (http://www.applegateriverlodge.com/) in Applegate, Oregon. My fiance and I moved to Juneau, Alaska so finding vendors has been tricky. If you are looking for vendors in the area check out our website for our list http://sarahanderich.weddingannouncer.com/.
Closed Thread