Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2008 Weddings > August
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbooby
Good luck....and make sure when you do decide on which hall you want....GET EVERY LITTLE DETAIL IN WRITING!! Just so that they can't come back later & say "well it wasn't in the contract"!!!

Just a little advice

Thank you for that.

And yes I will be sure to. I'm anal about small details and so they're going to have their hands full with me.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 AM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Quote:
Very good, stand your ground !

Heck when you're dishing out thousands of dollars, that is the least we can do for ourselves I reckon.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calogero
Just because Susan and I are paying doesn't mean we get to pick the whole invite list.

That was news to me.

WOW!!!

Oh wow! I would think that if yall are paying for it, yall wouldn't have to worry about your parents adding all these other people.

The guest list...what a headache! Zaz only wants 100 ppl; I want around 125. We're not paying for it (my parents are) b/c we're saving for a house, but my goodness, the parents want to invite all these other people that we rarely ever see. Aaaaaaaah!!! Such a pain. I've gotten into arguments with my mom & then her excuse is, "Well, we're paying for it."
Old 12-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Quote:
Yes I agree, but somehow the vendors don't realize it

I'm sure I'll have my fair share of this experience. I"ll let you know when I do. Only two more days till the big meetings.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Its going to be information over load come this Saturday. But at least we'll be able to sit down and weigh our options all at once instead of waiting for weeks.

I ain't signing nothing until I have a taste test.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Quote:
Its going to be information over load come this Saturday. But at least we'll be able to sit down and weigh our options all at once instead of waiting for weeks.

I ain't signing nothing until I have a taste test.

LOL!!! I had to wait 5 mths before our tasting but we knew how the food was anyways!!

Someone is going to have a headache the size of Canada if they make me wait 5 months to taste my food, especially if I have to drop $4000 or so upfront to secure the hall.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Quote:
Hi Calogero, its me again

I used Two of a Kind Limo & so did my girlfriend who got married in September 07'.

I booked with them at the Bridal Show, check out my Vendor Review on my wedsite!

Oh boy

I def. don't want the old Coach showing up. I'd be happy as you were.

I'm looking at them and a few other places. They want $1800 for 11 hours.

We'll see.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Quote:
Oh I know!!! Don't even go there!!! My husband had a heck of a time trying to get his stag together...He held his stag at Le Treport, he said the food was great!

I didn't even want a BS b/c I am not a ppl "group" person...I am low key, small function kinda girl....my husband & his mother were like you "have" to have a shower!! ARRrrrgggg, so i did, and I was so glad when it was over!

Yes Susan is the same way. She doesn't really want a shower but is getting two in stead.

One for her side which will be gifts and one from my side which will be money.

Her side doesn't understand the money thing and her mom said its not worth it because they'll put $20 in a busta and that's it and her mom didn't like that so she said we'd do to.

I can see why they'd want it. It helps out in the end.

I'm hoping for a fun stag.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Quote:
My 2cents in blue

Carmens In Oakville

Pros

- location - closest of them all
- good reviews online
- nice pretty hall
- hotel room for bride and groom
- good selection of menu items
- custom menu if you wanted
- food is very appealing with 1 pasta, 2 entrees
- no cake included
- centre pieces included that stay at the hall ~ BONUS & a definite $$$ saver!
- backdrop decor for head table
- small selection of bar unless upgraded - only had 4 domestic beer and basic liquors
- chair covers
- hotel suite for bride and groom
- spacious front entry and very pretty ~ yes it is!!!

Cons

- limited bar with add on with a price
- no martinis upon entry unless pay $9/person ~ I paid the $9 pp...and it was a HUG hit!!!
- no chocolate fountain unless pay $6/person ~ we opted for the Martini bar instead of the fountain
- only two taste tests a year ~ it didn't matter to us b/c Sam had tasted their food before, and he is the pickiest eater you will EVER meet!!!
- no home made meats allowed on late night buffet ~ by the time the late night buffet came, not many ppl ate, they were still stuffed!
- very pricey to upgrade certain items we were looking for
- not really flexible with certain things ~ true
- 3 weddings going on at the same time = BUSY BUSY BUSY ~ b/c the hall is SO spacious, it doesn't even seem like there are that many weddings going on.
- not as intimate

I had SOOO many compliments about the OCC, everyone was VERY impressed!

My only concernt with this hall is this.

For the money I'm paying at Otello's, they're giving me everything and more that Carmen's is giving me.

The big major difference. The 22 ft ceilings.

Zorka herself even admitted that Otello's has awesome service and that the food it excellent quality.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Mr.Perfect&Mr.Ignoramous

Quote:
My 2cents in blue

Pros

- centre pieces included that stay at the hall ~ BONUS & a definite $$$ saver!
- spacious front entry and very pretty ~ yes it is!!!

Cons

- no martinis upon entry unless pay $9/person ~ I paid the $9 pp...and it was a HUG hit!!!
- no chocolate fountain unless pay $6/person ~ we opted for the Martini bar instead of the fountain
- only two taste tests a year ~ it didn't matter to us b/c Sam had tasted their food before, and he is the pickiest eater you will EVER meet!!!
- no home made meats allowed on late night buffet ~ by the time the late night buffet came, not many ppl ate, they were still stuffed!
- not really flexible with certain things ~ true
- 3 weddings going on at the same time = BUSY BUSY BUSY ~ b/c the hall is SO spacious, it doesn't even seem like there are that many weddings going on.
- not as intimate

I had SOOO many compliments about the OCC, everyone was VERY impressed!

So I'll go over this part of your comments.

First things first with the Pros.

I agree its very spacious is huge bonus.

But with the centerpieces, Otello's throws them in, a very nice sleek vase that we saw with our choice of 27 flowers/colours that the guests get to keep. To me that's a bonus if its included and you get to keep. Yours is also bonus to though.

With the Cons.

At Otello's for the price, I get two chocolate fountains both white and dark chocolate and then get a full Martini bar with Mimosa or Sangria included. Carmen's wants to charge an extra $15/person for that and I'll be well over the $117 a plate mark. Add some liquor that I asked for such as Bailey's, Sambuca, Lemoncello and I'm hitting the $120-$125 mark.

I understand about the late night buffet. Fair enough, you'll be stuffed. But for those that are not, it'd be sweet to have home made meats there especially since the majority of people there have had it before. They love our stuff. But who knows because I may not even make it this year with the way me and my dad are right now.

Some huge wars over here with them wanting control over our wedding but I won't stand for it or have it that way.

The flexibility thing was an issue because if I'm giving you $20,000 + you got to be willing and able to work with me here. You do want to keep me happy right?

The spacious part of the hall is probably true, but if one wedding is kicking and the others are crap, people will come join. I know its a compliment to us, but at the end of the day, I want the people there that we want sort of speak. Its hard to explain but you know what I mean. At Otello's its comfy and very intimate place.

Closed Thread