Originally Posted by bigbooby
My 2cents in blue
- centre pieces included that stay at the hall ~ BONUS & a definite $$$ saver!
- spacious front entry and very pretty ~ yes it is!!!
- no martinis upon entry unless pay $9/person ~ I paid the $9 pp...and it was a HUG hit!!!
- no chocolate fountain unless pay $6/person ~ we opted for the Martini bar instead of the fountain
- only two taste tests a year ~ it didn't matter to us b/c Sam had tasted their food before, and he is the pickiest eater you will EVER meet!!!
- no home made meats allowed on late night buffet ~ by the time the late night buffet came, not many ppl ate, they were still stuffed!
- not really flexible with certain things ~ true
- 3 weddings going on at the same time = BUSY BUSY BUSY ~ b/c the hall is SO spacious, it doesn't even seem like there are that many weddings going on.
- not as intimate
I had SOOO many compliments about the OCC, everyone was VERY impressed!
So I'll go over this part of your comments.
First things first with the Pros.
I agree its very spacious is huge bonus.
But with the centerpieces, Otello's throws them in, a very nice sleek vase that we saw with our choice of 27 flowers/colours that the guests get to keep. To me that's a bonus if its included and you get to keep. Yours is also bonus to though.
With the Cons.
At Otello's for the price, I get two chocolate fountains both white and dark chocolate and then get a full Martini bar with Mimosa or Sangria included. Carmen's wants to charge an extra $15/person for that and I'll be well over the $117 a plate mark. Add some liquor that I asked for such as Bailey's, Sambuca, Lemoncello and I'm hitting the $120-$125 mark.
I understand about the late night buffet. Fair enough, you'll be stuffed. But for those that are not, it'd be sweet to have home made meats there especially since the majority of people there have had it before. They love our stuff. But who knows because I may not even make it this year with the way me and my dad are right now.
Some huge wars over here with them wanting control over our wedding but I won't stand for it or have it that way.
The flexibility thing was an issue because if I'm giving you $20,000 + you got to be willing and able to work with me here. You do want to keep me happy right?
The spacious part of the hall is probably true, but if one wedding is kicking and the others are crap, people will come join. I know its a compliment to us, but at the end of the day, I want the people there that we want sort of speak. Its hard to explain but you know what I mean. At Otello's its comfy and very intimate place.