Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2009 Weddings > July
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 01:39 AM

How far have you got?

To those of you marrying in 2009, how far have you got with orgainising stuff?
Also why are you choosing to get married in July 2009?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Alison & Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullria
To those of you marrying in 2009, how far have you got with orgainising stuff?
Also why are you choosing to get married in July 2009?

I've been looking at places, and picking my colour theme. I chose to get married in 2009 because I'm still in school and I wanted to finish that before I'm running around like a headless chicken trying to get everything organised!!

Our WedSite
Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 PM

Yeah, we have started corresponding with the resort in Fiji where we hope to have the wedding, reception and a holiday. The colour theme will be navy blue, silver or white and flax. We are having immediate family and a couple of close friends coming so they have been informed and have started saving. Oh and as of last weekend, I now have an engagement ring. We are at a stand still now as we can't really organise much else until probably mid 2008, but that will be here before we know it!!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!

Smile

We've been engaged since April 2006, and I immediately started searching for various ideas. I like that we are having a long engagement because it gives us more time to prepare since I'm in Graduate School and don't graduate until May 2009. But now we have the colors, light blue (blue is my fav color) & white. My FI is a huge part of the planning process, and enjoys being involved which I'm so thankful for because I can count on him to get things done when I'm busy.

We've decided on alot of things such as signature platter, favors (going to be a DIY project), toasting flutes, save the dates, cake topper, unity candles & candelabra, other wedding day accessories, as well as our china, everyday drinkware & dinnerware. We're just not buying them yet. We know where we want to have the ceremony & reception (same place); it's just a matter of setting up a meeting with the contact person.

We decided on July 2009 because our 5 & 1/2 Anniversary will be on July 4th and we wanted it to be close to that date, and also because I'll be taking my Board Certification test in June and I didn't want to have too much going on in that one month.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:16 PM
<------Bryanna:)

Send a message via AIM to Christina0902
Talking June 2009

I know that our wedding isn't in July, we are in June 2009, we picked our wedding to be in 2009 because I will be done school in 2008, we decied that it would probably be better if we don't rush to have the wedding in 2008 with me graduating and us moving into our house. So we changed it to the following year. Which gives us more then enough time to do whatever it is that we need to do.

At this time we have booked our Reception Hall, and we are in the middle of booking our Church, Photographer, and Viedographer. We got engaged May 26, 2006 (my birthday weekend), and the minute we got engaged, I went to the store and bought a notebook to keep track of everything! It will probably be the BEST thing you ever do! I went and got a binder, and different things to keep all my things together! And don't worry you have plenty of time to plan everything that you want without the rush"D Enjoy this time!!!

.:**:. Our Wedding Website~ My Wedding Journal~ Journal Comments.:**:.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina0902
and the minute we got engaged, I went to the store and bought a notebook to keep track of everything! It will probably be the BEST thing you ever do! I went and got a binder, and different things to keep all my things together! And don't worry you have plenty of time to plan everything that you want without the rush"D Enjoy this time!!!

I did the same thing. I'm big on organization, so the day after the proposal, I bought a huge white binder and tabs, and began organizing it. I have about 15-20 different sections. And I love, love, love that we have so much time to plan this wedding because it definitely helps reduce the stress levels not having to worry about pulling this off in a short amount of time. I agree about enjoying this time. It's been great just being engaged and enjoying this special time in our lives.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
<------Bryanna:)

Send a message via AIM to Christina0902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea0104
I did the same thing. I'm big on organization, so the day after the proposal, I bought a huge white binder and tabs, and began organizing it. I have about 15-20 different sections. And I love, love, love that we have so much time to plan this wedding because it definitely helps reduce the stress levels not having to worry about pulling this off in a short amount of time. I agree about enjoying this time. It's been great just being engaged and enjoying this special time in our lives.

LOL I am a tab freak! That's what my binder shounds like! And I agree, I LOVE that this wedding is so far in advance! It helps me to enjoy just being engaged! And I LOVE IT!

.:**:. Our Wedding Website~ My Wedding Journal~ Journal Comments.:**:.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 PM

It's nice to see others marrying in July 09. I keep feeling like there's so long to go, but it's nice to see others are in the same boat!

We're marrying on our 8th dating anniversary. July 4th, but luckily we shouldn't have any problems with many people booking the same day, since the date has no meaning in England. We have been engaged since 2004 (a looooooooong time!), so keen to get married now, but we wanted it to be July 4th, and we wanted it to be a Saturday!

We have tried to book the register office, but they only take bookings up to one year in advance, so we don't know for sure until July 4th this year, when we go to book. My dad's given us the use of his house for the reception, so we're really lucky. Other than that we're on a really tight budget, and asking friends and family to help us by making the cake, the dress and even do the photography. It should be a good day though; I'm getting really excited!

Last edited by Eloise1984 : 07-15-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloise1984
It's nice to see others marrying in July 09. I keep feeling like there's so long to go, but it's nice to see others are in the same boat!

We're marrying on our 8th dating anniversary. July 4th, but luckily we shouldn't have any problems with many people booking the same day, since the date has no meaning in England. We have been engaged since 2004 (a looooooooong time!), so keen to get married now, but we wanted it to be July 4th, and we wanted it to be a Saturday!

We have tried to book the register office, but they only take bookings up to one year in advance, so we don't know for sure until July 4th this year, when we go to book. My dad's given us his house for the reception, so we're really lucky. Other than that we're on a really tight budget, and asking friends and family to help us by making the cake, the dress and even do the photography. It should be a good day though; I'm getting really excited!

We wanted to get married on July 4th of 2009 since it lands on a Saturday & it marks our 5 & 1/2 years together. However, since it's a holiday here in the U.S., there would be problems getting people to work at the ceremony/reception hall & with getting vendors so we chose one week later. No biggie.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:28 PM
<---Me in Vegas!

Send a message via MSN to Latinhunny33
I've been engaged since December 24, 2003!
Really didn't feel the need to be married until now, we were in no rush.
We're giving ourselves a year to save up & allow anyone who wants to join us on the cruise enough time to pay it off.