Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2006 Weddings > September
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Hi!

Girls, help! What should I be doing...

I'm kinda stuck in a rut here... maybe you guys can pull me out!
What should I start focusing on next? (I am so scatter-brained!)
  • I have booked my ceremony site (Tallmadge Church)
  • In the process of booking my reception site... just waiting for the contract to be completed (Tangier's)
  • In the process of completing the photographers contract
  • Still working on my site (yes, need to finish that too!)

Yes, that is all! No dress, no officiant... my head is spinning! What's most important? What needs done first? All of those lists are killing me!

Report Spam Here!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:13 AM

do you not get an officiant with the church?...if not i would be working on that next but take time once a week or every two weeks to go dress shopping and do try to make if fun...

Old 10-19-2005, 03:57 AM
<-- Inspiration

Send a message via AIM to katieandalex Send a message via MSN to katieandalex
I agree with Ricky. Deal with officiant since that is a big deal...and then the next few weekends go out dress shopping to try and find a dress next.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickythomas
do you not get an officiant with the church?...if not i would be working on that next but take time once a week or every two weeks to go dress shopping and do try to make if fun...

Thanks! We asked a good friend of the family to officiate, but she said she doesn't have the credentials to do so. I just emailed my grandma to ask her about someone she mentioned... (BTW-our church doesn't come with an officiant.) And wedding dress shopping... WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I've realized now what I don't want! (Can't do those "sheath" dresses or whatever they're called... my hips are just too big!) And the places are always so hectic, and the sales people are so pushy! And I am the MOST indecisive person you will have ever met! But, yes, you're right, I should make it a point to go at least once every two weeks.

Report Spam Here!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventlm
Ummm...the church is your first task if it's not booked yet. EVERYTHING revolves around your officiant. You're down to 10 months Bianca...let's get cracking.

I know, I know...
I need a push every now and then! (Actually, it IS FH's job to get the officiant...) But I do have the church booked! Now I'm waiting for my Grandma to write me back (maybe I better call her).

Report Spam Here!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Single and lovin it!

Things I think you should work on.

Cater
DJ-if you are having one
Picking out Invites
Photographer
Cake

These are all the major things that it sounds like you have left. I would focuse on these things and then work on the small stuff. Hope this helps!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Hi!

Tanya~I'm working on the STD's... what do you think of them? I need to make a few changes with the pattern, but for the most part it's complete. An idea for the Thank You cards is below the STD.

business card/magnet size

typical thank you card size

Sarah~ Caterer is in progress (goes with reception location)
DJ is in progress, Jamie is working on it...
Invites! Something we need to get started on!
Photographer... in progress
Cakes! Also something that needs done!
Thank you for the suggestions! Now I'll start working on the invites & choosing a baker...

Report Spam Here!
Old 10-22-2005, 04:27 AM
Hi!

Thanks! They were actually very easy to do! My mom designed a monogram for me a while ago, and behind the monogram she had a pattern (that flowery one). I just opened her monogram in photoshop and copied the pattern and used it for the side. The rest is just text. The only thing I want to change is to make the pattern tighter... scaled down, so it won't look blurry when I print it. I was waiting to send out the STD's until I get the website done (it's close!). Did you send yours out?

Eh, school is ok. BORING...

How are you outside of of WA?

Report Spam Here!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Hi!

Wow... that's a lot going on! I HATE moving... what a pain in the butt! And I couldn't imagine remodeling the apartment, selling it and then moving once into your mom's house and then once into your new house! Do you have the condo sold already? Good luck with everything!

Report Spam Here!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:32 AM
Hi!

That's awesome that the property value went up! I'd think NJ is a pretty hot place as far as real estate goes. And thank you for the advice, I do believe we'll be hiring a moving company the next time we move. I really hate moving, it's so much work and usuallly it's just me & FH doing it all. Did you hear about moving company scams a while back on the news? I remember hearing that they'd keep all of your stuff until you gave them some made up payment of a ton of money... I guess you just have to go with some one reputable.

Just to let you all know what I've been working on lately... check out my website, it's almost done! http://biancaandjamie.weddingannouncer.com I think I'm going to send out the STD's in January... does that seem like a good time? I figured it would be good to wait 'till after Christmas. Now I can set a date to finalize the invitations and get the guest list up to date... by the end of November. Then when I visit my parents over Christmas, they can help me address the STD's!

Report Spam Here!
Closed Thread