Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Weddings By Month > 2008 Weddings > June
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
It's a done deal :)

Send a message via MSN to JoyLuann
Red face My friends think I'm nuts

Girls - I need some help - my friends think I have lost my mind I am getting married on June 14, 2008 and because I am a tad bit "obsessive complusive" (especially with organization) I have already started my DIY projects - the CD's are ripped with the labels done and put away, my invitations are printed and ready to assemble, the ring bearer pillow is done as well as the flower girls basket. The dresses for the girls have been purchased and arrived last week....you get the idea - question is, am I the only one prepping this early??? My friends think we have loads of time but there is only 8 months left and the longer I keep this stuff on the computer the more I change it LOL - anyone else in the same sitch??
Old 09-29-2007, 03:13 PM

I did everything way early. I was also in school at the time so I had to space out everything, but now I'm so relieved that most everything is done and I can relax my last two weeks.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:30 PM
~*Future Mrs. Wardell*~

My Wedding is not until December 19, 2008 and Im the same way... im not a last minute person. I have already purchased my dress and have it in storage. I have completed 1 half of the favours and all the bridesmaids bouquets and also the Brides bouquets. Everyone thought I was nuts too for having so much time but Im glad I did becuase my FH and I got engaged in January of this year and looking now I really am only about half done with preperations and would never be ready for this December! When you have little time to make it to your perfection, you tend to turn into a real "BrideZilla" and cause alot of problems between you and loved ones. (Witnessed it just this July from my FH's sister)

Http://reid-wardell-wedding.weddingannouncer.com
Old 09-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeppppa!!!

Send a message via AIM to lovecat4984 Send a message via MSN to lovecat4984 Send a message via Yahoo to lovecat4984
OMG.... you are not crazy. 8 months will fly by in NO time!!!! So I definetly reccomend getting things done early. My Wedding is in about 2 1/2 months and we still have sooo much to do.... it seems like just yesterday the Wedding was soo far away!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Mrs. Proctor

I don't think you are nuts either....I am getting married June 21, 2008 and a half way done making my invitations, centerpieces are finished, my dress is bought and paid for etc....there is never enough time I feel. I would feel better when it is closer to the wedding and I know I have few things less to stress about. I would just keep up what you are doing.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!

Send a message via AIM to jessienga Send a message via Yahoo to jessienga
I don't think your crazy, I wish I' have had that long to plan mine.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Black & Gold Superbowl!!!

You sound like me!!! My wedding isn't til the summer of 2009 but I plan on starting some of my projects this December since I'm off of school for a month & then just store them somewhere. I'm a tad obsessive-compulsive with organization too, so I do everything as early as possible. I think it's better to get it done early so that you don't have to stress later.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 AM
It's a done deal :)

Send a message via MSN to JoyLuann
Thank you girls - I feel better now - the hotel I work at is undergoing MAJOR renovations and we anticipate the grand opening to be January/February so I have been up to my eyeballs with work - time is a luxury I don't seem to have (we were closed down unexpectedly so I had to call all ppl with reservations from Sept 1 to Dec 31 to explain that we had to cancel their reservations - not fun) I am glad to see that I'm not nuts (well not in this case anyway LOL) So I will continue to "dodge on" and hopefully come the new year I can concentrate on the brand new hotel

Thanks again girls - you have been a great support
Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 AM

I don't think you are crazy i doing cd's also and am now so far behid its not even funny
Old 11-08-2007, 10:36 PM
FINALLY Getting Married!!

you are definantly not alone my wedding is June 14, 2008 and I am almost completely done I have VERY few things that need to be done everything is purchased and paid off already my family thinks I am nuts also but I know I stress out easy and I do not want to be stressed any more than I have to the couple months before the wedding because stress leads to emotional eating & I definantly do not want that

Closed Thread