Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Travel > General
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to MrsWarren2B
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobfield2007
I don't think they allow carseats. I always see TONS of them being checked in. Dbl check with airline.

I'd give her something to relax her. Not a drug, but before you guys board, rub her down with the lavendar lotion or something like that. Bring her blankie, toy, etc... Bring lots of extra $$ for juice. I paid $5 for a bottle of water back in Aug. I almost cried!

And if you don't want to give her gum, fruit snacks work well too.

I'm almost 100 percent sure car seats are allowed. In the manual it says approved for motor vehicles and aircraft so I would think airlines would allow them if they are approved for aircraft. It's safest to be in a carseat for takeoff, turbulence, and landing.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 PM

When we flew to florida, I knew we were going to be going to Vegas, and we asked the lady if they allowed carseats for when we flew again with Izzy and she reccommended getting the C.A.R.E.S. restraint. It's $60, which isn't too much, but I don't know when we'd ever use it again so I'm not sure if it's worth it. They say that they allow booster seats and restraint seats, but only when we're up in the air. I'm going to call the airline to get clarification on it.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleybx83
When we flew to florida, I knew we were going to be going to Vegas, and we asked the lady if they allowed carseats for when we flew again with Izzy and she reccommended getting the C.A.R.E.S. restraint. It's $60, which isn't too much, but I don't know when we'd ever use it again so I'm not sure if it's worth it. They say that they allow booster seats and restraint seats, but only when we're up in the air. I'm going to call the airline to get clarification on it.
Yeah. Last yr when I was flying all over creation (on differ airlines) I kept seeing carseats being checked. And then if they weren't being checked, they we were being brought on and placed somewhere special by the stewardess'. Better safe than sorry.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 PM

Actually it's the swallowing that helps me. While you take off just have her constantly swallowing. have a juice box handy.

After they reach the approp altitude, then she should be fine. (if she has any issues)
Old 02-10-2010, 09:46 PM

In actuality it's the motion of moving your jaw that opens your ears. It doesn't have anything to do with the swallowing or chewing, etc... By opening and closing your mother, very wide, it opens your ear drums and allows them to not pop.

The reason why ppl associate swollowing and chewing is b/c instead of opening and closing your mouth fast is the same effect of chewing something chewy or gummy.

(Hard to explain! My ENT explained it to me a while ago.)
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Purple Passion

I actually find that yawning does it for me, but she might be a bit young to get that concept (like actually yawning and not just opening her mouth). When I was younger, it was the chewing that helped more though. So fruit snacks or anything that she would have to work at like fruit leather or something. Also, distractions help. Maybe a coloring book and a few crayons or something. When my younger cousins came with on family trips, they always had a few toys or their gameboys that kept them occupied. You said your flights are late so with any luck she'll just conk out and sleep.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobfield2007
In actuality it's the motion of moving your jaw that opens your ears. It doesn't have anything to do with the swallowing or chewing, etc... By opening and closing your mother, very wide, it opens your ear drums and allows them to not pop.

The reason why ppl associate swollowing and chewing is b/c instead of opening and closing your mouth fast is the same effect of chewing something chewy or gummy.

(Hard to explain! My ENT explained it to me a while ago.)

Hee hee
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenh
Hee hee
Ok, that's what I get for writing two things at one time! LOL I was writing that post and writing an email. LOL Man... I need a drink!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Mommy to 2 Princes

Send a message via AIM to maeberha
maybe get two juice boxes - one for you and one for her. Then just before takeoff, play a game to see who can drink theirs first. That will keep her swallowing through takeoff and should help

Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 AM

Thanks for all the advice girls. I'm checking with the airlines tomorrow about the carseat. We've decided on our flights, and we'll be going out friday at 10pm (our time), and leaving monday night at 11pm (vegas time) so with luck, after take-off she'll fall asleep.

Just incase though I'll have some packs of fruit chews, some juice, and some toys (new and old). Are stuffed animals allowed? I'll have to double check with the airline. If so, I haven't decided yet if I want to take sheepy or not. She can't sleep without her, but I don't know if I want to take the chance of losing her. I may look online to see if I can find another one anywhere and if I can, then I'll take sheepy, if not, I may just take ducky for her to sleep with.

This is cracking me up thinking about it though. I never pictured one of my crucial decisions about a Vegas vacation would be wether to bring a stuffed sheep or not b/c I was afraid to lose it!! Having kids definately changes things. Ah, it's a wonderful thing though.
Closed Thread