Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > Planning Your Wedding Day > Cultural Traditions
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:46 AM
Now a Pro Green Belt!!!

Groom seeing the wedding dress

Can someone tell me what the rule is regarding the Groom seeing the wedding dress before the wedding? Is it ok for him to see it as long as I am not wearing it?
Old 05-31-2006, 03:52 AM

I am not letting my DF see it at all. Not even a picture of it. Not even the shoes. He doesn't even know I am wearing a veil. He has no clue whatsoever about what I will look like.

INVIVITES ARE OUT!
102 INVITED
62 yes
40 no
0??
Old 05-31-2006, 04:18 AM
Resident Geek

Send a message via AIM to Faerievert
um, well, I think the 'rule' would be for him not to see it or know what it looks like at all.
but really you can do whatever you want. some gals let the groom come with shopping, others show him pictures of the model or a fitting, or the dress on the hanger, others forbid him from knowing anything about it.

in my case, he hasn't seen the dress, but I did show him my accessories and he's heard about the dress when I've described it to other people. I'm doing the photo shoot before the ceremony though, so the walk down the aisle won't be a surprise.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:02 AM
Hi!

I showed him the dress in a magazine... just to make sure he'd like it before I decided to buy it. He won't see it on me 'till I walk down the isle.

Report Spam Here!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:28 AM
I want to buy a house!

Send a message via ICQ to tomerikandlinda Send a message via AIM to tomerikandlinda Send a message via MSN to tomerikandlinda Send a message via Yahoo to tomerikandlinda
My FH has seen it both on the picture and on me
But I don't believe much in all the different things that are good luck and bad luck and all.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:13 AM

If you want him to see it before hand, then let him see it. I am not all crazy over the "traditions". Jamie has not seen my dress on me or in a picture, but that is more because of him than me. He saw me in my veil & freaked out... he is kinda traditional.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:04 PM
~*DINKS FTW*~

eh, i'm not much for tradition. nick has seen my dress. not on me, but he knows it.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:23 PM

Jeff has seen pics of me in it, but hasn't seen it in person. He said he likes knowing what it looks like - that way when he pictures me walking down the aisle, he knows what to picture! (It also helped when I asked him how he pictured my hair/veil/flowers etc!)

You seriously can do whatever you want, though.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:01 PM

I'm not letting DH see my dress, but not because of the bad luck thing, I just think it will make our day more special for him to see me in the dress for the first time. I showed him a picture of a dress that was similar to mine to see what his reaction was and he said he liked it, so I know he'll like my dress. We're doing a photo session before the ceremony, so we'll be able to capture his reaction on film. Do whatever you want--it's your wedding!
Old 05-31-2006, 07:21 PM
< My MOH and Me!

Send a message via AIM to crannberryjenn Send a message via MSN to crannberryjenn
i'm not going to let my FH see it until the day of. not a pic or anything. I want him to be shocked LOL
Closed Thread