Go Back   Wedding Announcer Forums > After & Around The Wedding > Your Health
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 AM

Confused on what's wrong with me....

Ever since last week I've been feeling really craptastic. Last week I got a horrible cluter headache that lasted from like Tues night until Sun morning. It was horrible.

But I've noticed over the past few weeks I've been soooo hungry. I mean I've been eating everything in site. And also, I've been needing sugar alot lately. I can't eat enuff of it. I bought 4 bags of gummies on Fri and all but one are gone. I also bought 4 Reese's BIG cups and those are gone. It's sugar or choco that I'm craving.

I was due for my period last Fri, but never got it. I know I'm not pregnant, unless it's immaculate conception.

Also since my headache my left eye has been blurry and can't focus.

I'm also VERY VERY tired. To the piont where I'll wake up at 10am and need a nap by noon, but I'll force myself to srat awake, but it hits me at 4pm and I can't keep my eyes open.

I've also been having a sore throat lately, that's it. Nothing else.

I went to the dermatologist last Tues and she did a biopsy and I just about passed out. But she said that's common. I go for bloodwork tomorrow. She wants to check my thyroid, CBC, etc... I've had my thyroid checked so many times and only ONE time it showed something and they retested it a week later and the bloodwork came back normal. WTF?!

I thought alot of it was caused cus I was due for my period, but nope, I'm 4 days late now..... But still craving sugar and choco.

Then I thought it was b/c I was stressed and depressed about not working, but no. I mean not that I'm not, but it's not gonna cause me to crave sugar, etc...

No clue.... Any suggestions??

I go back to the dermatologist on Thurs or Fri (gotta look). I don't wanna make an appt with my reg. doc until my dermatologist gets the bloodwork back.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:22 AM

I have no clue, but it doesn't sound good!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:28 AM
My Goonie

what about your blood sugar levels? have they been checked?

Waiting to TTC #2 - a brother or sister for Kaden!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecountrychick
what about your blood sugar levels? have they been checked?
No, but I'm about to grab John's monitor and test.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:35 AM
My Goonie

good call. could be something to do with that....i really have no idea what i am talking about but i know headaches/eye issues and cravings for sweets can sometimes be indicative of a blood sugar issue

Waiting to TTC #2 - a brother or sister for Kaden!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Cutie on the beach

Some of the symptoms sound like diabetes..

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Diabetes
Old 01-13-2010, 03:32 AM

Well I finally got my period. YAY! And she came with a vengance!!!

But still not sure why I'm so tired all the time and still craving sweets. Part of me hopes it's my thyroid that way I'll just have an answer, but at the same time, I don't wanna deal with the radiation treatment. Blah.

Went for the bloodwork today. They changed the size of the needles and I freaked. I kid u not this needle was not much smaller than a stir straw for coffee. I could SEE the hole in the needle, that's not normal for me!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickplusjessequalslove
What's going on with your thyroid? Why would you need radiation treatment? Sorry if I don't understand I haven't read all your previous posts.
I'm not sure. They think my thyroid is hyperactive. It accounts for my weight fluctuating, my hair loss, my period being f'd up, etc.. Radiation treatment is the most common used treatments. My mom's bestf and my cus both had to do it. Blah.... I'm hoping tho it's nothing. I had bloodwork b4 that read that I had a hyperactive thyroid, but they retested me and it was fine. Not sure what was going on. So now with how I've been feeling, they're retesting it again.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:18 AM

My symptoms (in bold)
Quote:
Common symptoms and signs of hyperthyroidism
Palpitations
Heat intolerance
Nervousness
Insomnia
Breathlessness
Increased bowel movements
Light or absent menstrual periods
Fatigue

Fast heart rate
Trembling hands

Weight loss
Muscle weakness
Warm moist skin
Hair loss
Staring gaze

Quote:
Hyperthyroidism is a condition caused by the effects of too much thyroid hormone on tissues of the body. Although there are several causes of hyperthyroidism, most of the symptoms patients experience are the same regardless of the cause (see the list of symptoms below).

Because the body's metabolism is increased, patients often feel hotter than those around them and can slowly lose weight even though they may be eating more. The weight issue is confusing sometimes since some patients actually gain weight because of an increase in their appetite. Patients with hyperthyroidism usually experience fatigue at the end of the day, but have trouble sleeping. Trembling of the hands and a hard or irregular heartbeat (called palpitations) may develop. These individuals may become irritable and easily upset. When hyperthyroidism is severe, patients can suffer shortness of breath, chest pain, and muscle weakness. Usually the symptoms of hyperthyroidism are so gradual in their onset that patients don't realize the symptoms until they become more severe. This means the symptoms may continue for weeks or months before patients fully realize that they are sick. In older people, some or all of the typical symptoms of hyperthyroidism may be absent, and the patient may just lose weight or become depressed.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:38 AM

Well I went to the doc, a while ago to get my results and everything is fine with me. So they say. I gotta make an appt with my reg. doc cus the weight thing is still killing me and most recently, I tend to lose my voice alot faster than normal. Like today, I spent the day with my bestf and her kids. Didn't yell at them at all. I was talking to my bestf and I noticed my voice started to get hoarser and hoarser. Then John called and said "Are you ok? It sounds like you're losing your voice again." Hmph... I get that alot lately.